Answers You Will Receive…
…when choosing PRO-SPEC Building Consultants Corp.
1. Pro-Spec has been in the residential inspection business since 1992. Al Prado has been the president/owner since 1998.
2. Pro-Spec performs construction management and estimating services for heavy highway and site development projects. Inspections are in accordance with the New York State Home Inspectors Standards of Practice, we do not participate in any referral or construction activities related to home inspections. It represents a conflict of interest.
3. Yes, Pro-Spec carries Professional Liability Insurance.
4. Pro-Spec always encourages the buyers to attend the inspection. Buyers that attend have a better understanding of the property as viewed by the inspector and are better able to read and interpret the final report. The buyer's attendance also helps them understand the scope of a home inspection as well as the limitations.
5. An inspection can usually be scheduled within one or two days.
6. A typical inspection of a 2500 square foot house will take roughly 2.5 to 3 hours.
1. I have 21 years experience in performing home inspections. I have over 30 years of civil projects construction management and estimating experience. In addition, I have completed an industry's extensive training program offered by the American Home Inspectors Training Institute and passed the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) National Examination.
2. I have performed more than 1500 inspections.
3. I am a NYS Licensed Home Inspector (#16000051556).
1. The Home Inspection and/or Testing fees vary depending on the size, type, age of the house and which combinations of inspections or tests you may require. Our services include Wood Destroying Insect Inspections, Septic Dye testing, Radon Screenings, and Water Testing. We offer discount packages for multiple testing with a home inspection. Call our office at 845-386-8770 for a specific quotation. Payment is due at the time of inspection.
2. A full Structural Inspection covers the Site/Grounds, Exterior, Structural Components, Foundation, Roof, Attic, Insulation, Ventilation, Plumbing, Electrical, Heating/AC, Garage, Kitchen, Bathrooms, and Interior.
3. Yes, I prepare an extensive written/computer generated report that generally runs 25 pages. Included is a Report Overview that will let you quickly review the recommended improvements to the home. The report is narrative in nature so that you can read, in plain english, the results of the home inspection. It points out the positive attributes of the home as well as the repair/maintenance items. We also supply ballpark repair estimates for major improvements, repair time frames, and advice on logical discretionary improvements. A Maintenance Schedule is also provided for your home.
4. The report is emailed to client within 24 hours.
5. You can receive a sample report by contacting my office.
6. Yes, Pro-Spec reports conform to the NYS Home Inspectors Standards.